I’m Italian – I love cheese, pasta, and bread. Give me some ravioli with homemade sauce, a crispy loaf of Italian bread, and fresh mozzarella, and I’m in heaven. This marinated mozzarella recipe is easy, delicious and makes a wonderful appetizer.
The ingredients come together in under ten minutes so you can also serve it with a tossed green salad and a loaf of bread, for a quick and tasty lunch
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound mozzarella
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Related: Chick-Fil-A Copycat – Chicken salad sandwich
- Using a melon baller, “scoop” the mozzarella to make miniature spheres. Alternatively, cut the mozzarella into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients and mix to combine.
- For the best results, be sure to let the mozzarella pieces marinate in the herbs and oil for at least two days in the refrigerator to infuse flavors.
- Stir at least twice daily while marinating.
- Serve cold.
April Smith Decheine says
I am going to have to make this, it looks so good!
Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas says
My son goes nuts over fresh mozzarella. I will definitely make this for him for a change of pace! (He loves it in his lunchbox!)
Debbie Denny says
Cheesy bread is tops in my book. Going to go check it out..
This looks delicious! I love a great cheese – I could snack on it all day.
I am a cheese and bread lover , as well The recipe for the marinated mozzerella is quick ad easy! Can’t wait to try it