I’m Italian – I love cheese, pasta, and bread. Give me some ravioli with homemade sauce, a crispy loaf of Italian bread, and fresh mozzarella, and I’m in heaven. This marinated mozzarella recipe is easy, delicious and makes a wonderful appetizer.
The ingredients come together in under ten minutes so you can also serve it with a tossed green salad and a loaf of bread, for a quick and tasty lunch
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound mozzarella
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Using a melon baller, “scoop” the mozzarella to make miniature spheres. Alternatively, cut the mozzarella into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients and mix to combine.
- For the best results, be sure to let the mozzarella pieces marinate in the herbs and oil for at least two days in the refrigerator to infuse flavors.
- Stir at least twice daily while marinating.
- Serve cold.