I do my best to stay grounded in happiness and gratefulness. Keeping my focus on the good things in my life have helped me through some dark moments. Even though I have so much to be grateful for, there are times I need some cheering up.
I’m joining Belinda on Day 18 of her Blog Every Day In May challenge and today’s prompt is to list ten things that always cheer you up when you’re down. Here’s my ten!
- Change of scenery – going someplace else even for a few hours is a great distraction. Sometimes it’s just the thing to take my mind off what’s bothering me.
- My husband’s silliness – Billy is a total goofball and always makes me laugh.
- My dog – My baby girl Mini, who just turned 16, always cheers me up when I’m sad.
- Listening to hard rock – I love hard rock and heavy metal and when I’m feeling irritated or annoyed listening to Whatever by Godsmack, Creeping Death by Metallica or Down With The Sickness by Disturbed (among other songs) always cheers me up! \m/ (what does \m/ mean?)
4. Ice cream – More specifically Haggen Daaz Mint Chip. Come to mama.
5. Crying – Who doesn’t feel better after a get-it-out-of-your-system cry. I may look like crap after I’m done, but I feel better!
6. Chocolate – no explanation needed. It’s chocolate!
7. Shopping – Doesn’t matter if it for toilet paper or new shoes (although the new shoes would work faster on my mood), shopping is my happy place.
8. Helping someone – Being there for someone else always changes my perspective and puts me in a better frame of mind.
9. Sex – Bring on the endorphins!
10. Sleeping – even just a short nap helps at times.