I do my best to stay grounded in happiness and gratefulness. Keeping my focus on the good things in my life has helped me through some dark moments. Even though I have so much to be grateful for, there are times I need some cheering up.
- Change of scenery – going someplace else even for a few hours is a great distraction. Sometimes it’s just the thing to take my mind off what’s bothering me.
- My husband’s silliness – Billy is a total goofball and always makes me laugh.
- My dog – My baby girl Mini, who just turned 16, always cheers me up when I’m sad.
- Listening to hard rock – I love hard rock and heavy metal and when I’m feeling irritated or annoyed listening to Whatever by Godsmack, Creeping Death by Metallica or Down With The Sickness by Disturbed (among other songs) always cheers me up! \m/ (what does \m/ mean?)
4. Ice cream – More specifically Haggen Daaz Mint Chip. Come to mama.
5. Crying – Who doesn’t feel better after a get-it-out-of-your-system cry? I may look like crap after I’m done, but I feel better!
6. Chocolate – no explanation needed. It’s chocolate!
7. Shopping – Doesn’t matter if it is for toilet paper or new shoes (although the new shoes would work faster on my mood), shopping is my happy place.
8. Helping someone – Being there for someone else always changes my perspective and puts me in a better frame of mind.
9. Sex – Bring on the endorphins!
10. Sleeping – even just a short nap helps at times.
Another thing that helps clear my head is coloring. There’s something about a freshly sharpened bunch of colored pencils and a coloring book that gets you out of your own head and puts things in perspective. And I can do it with my kids, which is always fun!
Here are some of my favorites. I’ve completed some of them and I’m working on the last one. I’ve linked to them using my Amazon affiliate link There’s tons more – just use the Amazon search bar.
What cheers you up? Comment below and let’s add to this list!