Delicious and easy to put together, Minty Muddy Buddies are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, or any day of the year. Muddy Buddies are a perfect treat for movie night at home or a party with friends.
You probably have a lot of the ingredients on hand already and may only need 1-2 items.
Muddy Buddy Ingredients
9 cups Chex cereal, or store brand
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 bag mint M&M’s candies
1. Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute, then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
3. Pour the mixture of the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is all coated.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziplock bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated.
5. Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle M&M candies throughout the cereal.
6. Store in an airtight container.