It’s easy and inexpensive to make your own household cleaners out of natural products. It is also safer for your family and the environment. Let’s go through each room in your home and I’ll share ways to clean and disinfect using DIY all purpose cleaners.
DIY kitchen cleaner
1. Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the trash can with each new trash bag to combat odors.
2. Mix baking soda with water and leave overnight to soak in pans with stuck-on food to make removal easier.
3. To clean linoleum or vinyl, kitchen floors mix 1 cup vinegar and a couple of drops of baby oil with 1 gallon of water.
4. Wipe mold or mildew from the fridge or freezer with a rag soaked in lemon juice or vinegar.
5. Disinfect your cutting board by rubbing a lemon over it.
6. Scour flat top stoves with baking soda, since it will not scratch it.
7. Mix 1 part vinegar and 1 part water in a spray bottle and spray and use to clean counters and kitchen table.
8. Run a lemon or orange through the garbage disposal to freshen.
DIY bathroom cleaners
1. To clean a toilet bowl, add one half cup baking soda and one half cup vinegar and let it fizz a while before wiping with a toilet brush.
2. Pour undiluted vinegar in the toilet, scrub, and let sit for a couple of minutes before flushing.
3. To get rid of mold, mix one-part hydrogen peroxide with two parts water, spray on affected areas and let sit for an hour before wiping and rinsing off.
4. To remove mildew in the shower, soak a sponge with vinegar and wipe areas, and do not wipe or rinse off.
5. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 1/2 gallon of water and remove water deposit stains from showers, sinks, faucets, anywhere in the bathroom.
6. To clean linoleum or vinyl bathroom floors, mix 1 cup vinegar and a couple of drops of baby oil with 1 gallon of water.
7. To clean a bathtub, sprinkle with borax then wipe with a vinegar-soaked rag.
Homemade carpet cleaners
1. Spot clean spots from carpets by spraying a mixture of half vinegar and half water, let sit for an hour, and scrub area with a soapy sponge or rag.
2. Remove grease spots or make the carpet look fluffed up by sprinkling with cornstarch, let sit for an hour, and vacuum.
3. Use 1 part vinegar and three parts water with a couple of drops of liquid Castille soap (a natural
soap) and use to shampoo your carpets.
4. For tough stains, mix 1/4 cup borax, vinegar, and salt and rub into the carpet. Let sit for an hour before vacuuming.
DIY glass cleaner
Clean glass, windows, and mirrors with two tablespoons of vinegar mixed with 1 liter of water.
DIY household cleaners
1. Rub mayonnaise or toothpaste on water rings left on wood, such as your coffee table. Wipe off completely when the ring is removed.
2. 1/2 cup of water and lemon oil drops work as a furniture polish. Wipe solution on furniture with a rag and wipe dry with a dry cloth.
3. To clean a hard surface, wet the surface with water, sprinkle baking soda on and rub into a paste. Add vinegar and wipe away the mess.
Homemade cleaners that work