How adorable is this! With just a few ingredients you can create this cute sandwich for your kids! The original recipe calls for peanut butter but you can swap that for something else if your child is allergic.
Time: 20 minutes
- 8 slices of wheat bread
- 1 banana (sliced)
- ½ apple (diced)
- 1 small box raisins
- 4 tbsp. creamy peanut butter or soy nut butter
- 1½ tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter or substitute, honey, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Add 1 tbsp. peanut butter mixture to one side of the bread slice. Add banana slices and diced apple on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Place bread slice with the mixture on small dough press and slowly close the press tightly around the bread as it folds in half. While holding the press closed, slowly trim away the excess bread with your fingers. Open the press and remove the sandwich
- Place the sandwiches on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for approximately 8 minutes.
- As an added bit of fun, decorate your sandwiches with candy eyes and candy lips. Use raisins as backing behind each candy eye and secure edible pieces with a bit of peanut butter.