Here are some tips on improving gas mileage. These tips will not only save on gas but may also enable your car to last for longer.
1. It is very important to keep your car well maintained. The efficiency of your car will be greater and the performance of your car enhanced if proper maintenance is performed. This in turn helps in improving the gas mileage of the vehicle.
2. The tires of the car should always be inflated properly. Tires that are not inflated properly will make the car’s wheels have difficulty rolling and it will then require more energy and would consume more gas.
3. Cars are that are heavily loaded consume more gas so it is recommended that unnecessary weight be removed from the car. The lighter the car’s load, the less gas is consumed.
4. Drive smoothly. If the driver uses the brakes a lot and then suddenly speeds up, or if the car is accelerated abruptly, it will result in greater fuel consumption.
5. Always keep your car clean and washed. It is also recommended that the car be waxed regularly. This helps by improving aerodynamics and can help in improving gas mileage.
6. Another way to improve gas mileage is by saving on ventilation. A car’s air conditioner uses more gas when being used. The air conditioner may be turned off and the windows opened when driving slowly – weather permitting. However, it is not recommended to open the windows when driving fast since it adds extra pressure and drag on the vehicle.
There are many ways gas mileage may be improved. It does not require big sacrifices to improve your vehicle’s gas mileage. All it takes is a little responsibility and proper care of the car. These simple ways can each help improve gas mileage a bit but when done regularly and in combination will help save a great deal of money.