How cute are these Rice Krispie Candy Easter Baskets! Start off by making Rice Krispie Treats as you would normally and with a few tweaks, turn them into Easter goodie baskets.
Rice Krispie Easter Baskets
3 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of mini marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Krispies (or any brand of rice cereal)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.
3. Coat muffin tray in butter to prevent the baskets from sticking. Pack Rice Krispies into the muffin trays. once the Rice Krispies are packed in, pull them out and cut out the middle. I used my hands to smooth out the center.
Chocolate Basket Filling
This chocolate filling goes directly in the basket and underneath the eggs. It’s delicious with Rice Krispies.
1 cup of chocolate chips.
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1. Melt ingredients together in a double boiler. pour a little into the baskets.
2. Before the chocolate hardens, place chocolate eggs inside the basket.
For decoration, I dipped the bottoms into melted colored chocolate. For the top I used icing with a bag, and. I used Wilton tip 233 but your favourite tip will do.