Save this page so you can find this delicious homemade sherbert again because you will want to make it again. This sherbet ice cream recipe has only four ingredients and you probably have one or two of them in your kitchen right now.
Summer Treat: Homemade Sherbet Ice Cream
I’ll link to what I can find online using my Amazon affiliate link. As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a commission on products sold. So thank you if you do!.
- Junket Ice Cream Mix.
- 1 ¼ cups milk. Whole milk works best.
- ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- Gelatin flavors of your choice. In the photos, Berry Blue, Orange, Raspberry, and Lime Jello-O was used.
- In a mixing bowl stir in the Junket Ice Cream Mix with 1 1/4 cups of whole milk and 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread loaf pan or small 9×5 pan. Freeze until firm.
- Using a butter knife, carefully separate the cream into chunks. Put the chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat the chunks until smooth.
- Evenly separate the vanilla ice cream into the four bowls using a spatula.
- Put ½ – 1 tablespoon of the different Jell-O powder flavors in each bowl. Gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Try and do this as fast as possible to prevent melting
- Put the four different ice cream flavors in a container that can be sealed
- Using the back of a spoon or your spatula carefully connect the 4 different piles of ice cream so they freeze as 1 piece.
- Freeze for another 1-2 hours to allow to fully set.